BMW F650 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently crashed my 07 f650gs. After the impact the bike was still operable. I was able to ride it for about 10 more minutes until it presented the following issue.

My bike will not currently start, its as if its getting no spark. The bike powers on and cranks, but won’t run. My first clue to the issue is this - when I flip the kill switch to run, usually the bike will cycle through some sort of start up procedure also indicated by flashing of lights on the dash. It is currently not doing its normal startup cycle, as if the kill switch is still engaged.

The crash broke the plastic on my fan, but nothing else is seemingly wrong or damaged. I used gs911 tool to plug the bike in and was presented with no errors or codes.

Any insights? Some sort of immobilizer or security feature? Something with the key or ignition?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
520 Posts
There are a few safety switches on the bikes that prevent starting and/or running under various combinations - there's the clutch switch, neutral switch and the side stand switch.

You could try various combinations - clutch in/out, neutral gear (does the light come on?), side-stand up/down etc. Just wondering if a switch got damaged in the crash.

Just checking the crossroadz website, you can turn the engine over either in neutral or if in gear, clutch must be in BUT you won't start the engine unless you've got either the side stand up or if it's down, the bike in neutral.

Buzz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts