BMW F650 Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 141 Results
  1. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi all, Recently, drive belt snapped on my 2004 F650 CS. The new drive belt duly ordered, I was hoping to have it back on the road within the week as this should be a straightforward maintenance task. However, it appears that one of the bolts (10") that releases the swinging arm is seized and...
  2. F650 Single Discussion
    :confused: Hi all My Funduro winter service/overhaul continues...i have just removed the swinging arm and linkage to check/clean and lubricate, Regarding the plastic washers that go between the swing arm and the frame...is there meant to be one or two? on removing mine there is only one fitted...
  3. F650 Twin Discussion (including F700 and F800)
    Advice please. When I purchased my nice shiny bike last year I asked for BMW to fit one of their nice expanding top boxes. Very nice I thought until I tried to safely store the helmet one day..Doh..:doh:even expanded box isn't tall enough! Anyway I've lived with it upto now, but thinking towards...
  4. New Member Introductions
    Hi I am new to world of biking having just passed my Mod 2 on Wednesday, ordered a F650GS on Thursday and had it delivered yesterday (Friday). Pictures are on the album pge but it is an ex (strathclyde) police FS650GS registered in July 2008 with 1900 miles on the clock in Silver and pretty...
  5. F650 Single Discussion
    :doh:Some advice required please with regard to steering head bearing replacement on my Funduro The job is going okay apart from the matter of replacing the lower bearing race on the bottom yolk The bearing needs to be pressed or driven on,i have looked at the Chain Gang site,one means...
  6. F650 Twin Discussion (including F700 and F800)
    Hi all as you know i havent passed my test yet and am the proud owner of a 650 twin spark. As i said in my i'm new post i just sit on it in the garage and wait for my Mod 1 and Mod 2 to come around (not all the time that could be months). I am after some advice, she is on tricle charge at the...
  7. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi, I've been noticing lately that my bikes started to get abit of corrosion, and paint coming off here and there, not on the body work but the engine and what not. Here are the main parts, will try get photo's lately, any advice what to do would be great, ie powder coating etc. 1. Engine...
  8. F650 Single Discussion
    Anyone know where Funduro graphics can be bought from? Mine look a bit faded so I would like to renew them if they dont cost too much - are there any graphics places that do a copy of the originals etc? Also as mine is a 1996 Funduro - I was looking at a few Paris Dakar liveried bikes and...
  9. New Member Introductions
    Hi thought this looks like the forum to start with, i currently have a Honda CBR 125 which i done my test on but next week i will be picking up my BMW f650GS Dakar 2003 which i am excited about unfortunately it has to be restricted for 2 years as I'm only 17 and this also means a longer wait for...
  10. F650 Single Discussion
    In the process of comparing aluminium panniers and would like your advice. Looking at Touratech Zega Pros 38L at £734 including frames against Metal Mule UTE 38L at £875 all in. Although both are expensive the Zega's price seems to win me over unless I can be convinced that Mules are worth the...
  11. New Member Introductions
    Would like to say hi and ask all your expert advice. I actually joined this forum mainly for advice, I have at the moment got a Kawasaki ER5 which for the most part is has been a good work horse, had it for 6 years comuting to and from work in all weathers (only 6 inches of snow stopped me)...
  12. Chatter
    A little while ago I asked for some advice on my first touring trip and had loads of help and advice. Just to let you know myself and my 11 year son went on our first trip a couple of weeks ago and took on board the advice members posted and it was brill. Went to Shell Island in Wales had a...
  13. Chatter
    Im planning a trip to south east france in sept,im planning to use the A13 autoroute towards Paris,then onto the A6 autoroute down towards Lyon,i have been before but always avoided the above route due to concerns about taking the wrong turning and ending up in the centre of Paris which is akin...
  14. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi Tyres on my 650 Funduro are about ready to be replaced and just wanted peoples thoughts and experience. Current tyres fitted are Metzeler Tourance's and can't honestly say I've had any problems with them and was just going to replace 'like for like' but thought I'd ask advice on here first...
  15. F650 Single Discussion
    Have just got back from my first ride with the wife on the back , and she enjoyed it but she has burnt her trousers on the exhaust on the left side any sugestions how to cure this as she kept saying (via intercom) that her leg/ankle kept getting hot OR can you get slightly better /...
  16. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi Chaps and Chappesses I finally passed my bike test on thursday day and have been able to finially ride my birthday present (my wife bought me last year) F650 single in mint cond ( great wife ) My questions to you all I am taking the wife plus luggage to the tt in two weeks obvoiusly...
  17. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi to all,I have 3 queries if i may regarding my recently purchased 2000 model Funduro, 1, Regarding the air filter element, what is the procedure for cleaning?,i have removed the element from the housing,and seperated the plastic housing,does it have to be cleaned in solvent/petrol etc and then...
  18. F650 Single Discussion
    Does any one have a good scource of fork oil and seals and break pads? My right fork is leaking. i guess i need a heavy oil too. haynes is into stripping the whole front end orf and stuff. looks like a wee 3-4 hr execution just to take the forks off the yoke and bleed, remove the kit replace...
  19. Bike Tech / Kit / Reviews
    Hi guys, im currently riding a f650 dakar and am doing a lot of travelling at the moment, which means a lot of high speed motorway riding. My helmet is a shoei hornet ds, as I like the peaked off road looking lids. But I find the wind catches under the peak so much and kills my neck. I was...
  20. F650 Single Discussion
    I'm looking to buy a '97 BMW f650. All the ones in my price range (less than 2000 pounds) have about that much. i know these bikes can go for a long time, i'm just unsure of how wise it is to buy with that many miles on it. any comments or advice would be most welcome!! What are the sort of...
1-20 of 141 Results