BMW F650 Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 50 Results
  1. F650 Single Discussion
    Yesterday I had success in replacing the tumblers for the bike keys onto the rear seat compartment (which has very flimsy fitting, a little twist and bend an off it comes :scratch: ned 1 me 0), and the fuel cap. The process IS easy, as easy as much enjoyable Thanks to you f650 members. Yet I...
  2. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to replace just the rubber grips on the heated grip units? I have worn out mine (the rubber has split but the grips still heat) and was looking for a way to avoid replacing the whole units. If it is possible does anyone know what diameter they need to...
  3. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi folks, I'm thinking about kitting out my 650GS with a few goodies. Does anyone use the Givi D331ST BMW replacement screen? http://www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk/givi-bmw-f650gs-replacement-screen-p-18192.html What do you think of it? Rate out of ?/10 Cheers, DouGSter
  4. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi all. I managed to get hold of replacement engine covers for both the left and right hand sides of the bike (usual, but quite severe paint flaking on the originals!). However, on looking at what is involved in removing the originals and fitting the replacements (from both the Haynes manual...
  5. Bike Tech / Kit / Reviews
    Hi all, I have a standard screen on my GS and I was wondering where to get a bigger one from. Can anyone recommend a replacement or a dealer or point me in the right direction? Cheers Lee
  6. Bike Tech / Kit / Reviews
    This topic has probably been done until death on the forum, but I've just test ridden an 05 F650GS with what I gather is the Comfort Screen. It certainly wasn't comfortable in any way with riding over 55mph virtually impossible as the air stream hit me directly in the neck and filled my helmet...
  7. F650 Single Discussion
    I am replacing the chain and sprockets on my '99 Strada which has done 22,000 miles so it might be the original parts. I was ready to put mega torque on my breaker bar to remove the gearbox sprocket but the nut was not tight, although the tab washer was in place. The old sprocket has...
  8. F650 Single Discussion
    I plan to replace the rather pathetic electro magnetic horn on my 98 Funduro with a Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Has any one done this conversion? Any advice anyone. :riding:
  9. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi,can anyone recommend suitable tyres for my 2001 f650gs which i have just brought. i use the bike for commuting to work on a 40 mile round trip down the motorway, and do not intend to use it off road. Also where is the best place to get replacement chain and sprockets for the bike.
  10. F650 Single Discussion
    Saturday can’t come soon enough, will have the F650 in the garage hopefully by teatime. The bike has a fly screen (headlamp cowl) only but i have seen the same bike with a screen. Is this a BM option or and aftermarket thing.
  11. F650 Single Discussion
    Does anyone know of a company that makes replacement seats for the F650 GS 2004 model:think:
  12. F650 Single Discussion
    Hi guys, My 55 reg f650gs twinspark needs new chain and sprockets. Anyone know a good supplier in NE England or a dealer who delivers fast? I want to fit good quality, Renthal, JT etc. Local BMW dealer just quoted me £215 !! ouch. Havnt spent much time in the UK lately so not up to date on...
  13. F650 Single Discussion
    Hello, Bike is an 04 twin spark factory lowered f650GS. I'm looking to replace the shock absorber. Question - do I have any option other than the standard BMW part. I believe the shock on the lowered model is shorter than that on the standard GS and the aftermarket shock firms don't seem to...
  14. F650 Single Discussion
    just joined f650.co.uk , last week my chain snapped having only owned bike for 1 week , i have fitted a new chain and front sprocket but noticed that while on centre stand and running in first gear the bike splutters and kicks a bit, is this normal? its a N reg f650 with 66k miles
  15. F650 Single Discussion
    I'm finding the standard bars on my Funduro a bit uncomfortable, I don't get on with how far they sweep back as I tend to ride with my elbows out and it's making my hands ache after a while. has anyone tried any other bars that are a bit staighter that they can recommend? I've looked at...
  16. F650 Single Discussion
    Hello, i recently bought a f650 gs and can anyone tell me a good place to get replacment bodywork for a f650 gs 03? I need a left tank panel and a left back side panel as the got a little scratched from previos owners slack parking. Its a shame as otherwise the bike is in very good condition...
  17. F650 Single Discussion
    I have an 2004 dakar and have to change the water pump sounds like I have to drop the exhaust to remove the clutch cover.Is this true and how hard is it to put the clutch back on after I have re placed the Water pump?
  18. F650 Single Discussion
    Has anyone got any experience of changing the main bearings on the F650 Funduro engine? I've the got the cases stripped down ready. I've made a blind bearing puller for the gearbox mainshaft and balancer shaft RHS bearings, they're straightworard ball races so present no worries except the...
  19. F650 Single Discussion
    Ok having had a spill some weeks back which resulted in broken indictors front and rear I am now sufficiently recovered to attempt the replacement. The front indicator is a synch as the removal of the panel behind the indicator provides easy access to the cable connector. However the rear...
  20. F650 Single Discussion
    Hello i wonder if anyone can help me on whats the best screen to go for to get protection and less buffeting im average height and have hand gaurds fitted but use the bike for work etc in all weathers, gratefull for any help in deciding? Thanks
1-20 of 50 Results