BMW F650 Forums banner

BMW GS 650F Battery drain , energy lost.

Tags
dwa 5.1
3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jenniferaniston 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.
Sorry for my bad English, i just learnig.
My problem is .
I have a 2005 BMW GS650, and it has an Alarm system DWA 5.1 , but after turn off the ignition ,the battery lost energy under 1-2 days .
I measured the voltage, and ampere it 0.2 amp / hour , i thik is too high.
I use the motorcycle , i remove the 10Amper fuse , so the alarmy system can't get electricity,neither dashboard.
The last idea i need to remove DWA alarm system, but i can't how it.
Have somebody got any problem with alarm system?

#3 ·
I agree - the current usage should be at a very low level - 0.2 A will certainly drain the battery after a few days! I assume the immobiliser and alarm operate correctly and there is no obvious fault with the system? Is it possible to manually disable the alarm function and see whether this reduces the current consumption?

If you decide to remove the alarm/immobiliser, it will probably take an experienced auto electrician to do it since you not only need to understand the bike's basic electrical system but to understand how the security system has been spliced in!

#4 ·
If you decide to remove the alarm/immobiliser, it will probably take an experienced auto electrician to do it since you not only need to understand the bike's basic electrical system but to understand how the security system has been spliced in!
I have experience of this!

The alarm on my bike failed within days of buying it (used) from a dealer. They removed the alarm and by trial/error joined wires where the alarm used to be until it ran.

Since then I unwrapped the alarm loom and followed it back to where it was spliced into the original bike loom, cut it out and remade the original circuits with glue lined heat shrinked crimps.

It took about 4 hours from memory - false tank/airbox etc off to get better access. Nice feeling when it was done. :)

Buzz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.