Hi New member. F650 1993-99 caliper Service Kit

Thread: Hi New member. F650 1993-99 caliper Service Kit

Bike
    F650 1998
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi New member. F650 1993-99 caliper Service Kit

Hi as a new F650 (1998) owner I was surprised that a service kit for the brake calipers was not available from BMW. Problem solved the Honda Vigor uses the same Brembo calipers front and rear the service kits are available from your Honda dealer they even come in Brembo packaging. I hope this is useful to F650 owners.
    X11.

2. Thanks otter steve thanked for this post
    Likes junco liked this post
    Bike
    1995 Red Funduro
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

Hi X11 ,
    Welcome to the forum , thanks for the tip thats what the forum is all about shared knowledge .
    johnny R

Bike
    Yellow '03 R1150GS,Black '05 F650GS, Orange' 02 F650CS
    Post Thanks / Like

Moved post to F650 Single discussion and Stickied to keep this info visible

thanks for the tip X11

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

5. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bike
    GS/Gd Dakar 2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Not quite on your thread, but was advised by local BMW dealer last year that 'seal kits' were not available for my 2003 Dakar, just complete calipers.
    Happen to pop in during August this year and enquired again. Parts Manager (very helpful, thanks Paul) was surprised when checking that one was now listed!
    Rear seal/Gasket set is C34217651957, downside is its £12.02 plus vat. . Rear Master cylinder repair kit is C347655480 £5.54

Wonder how this comapares price wise to Honda or other dealers, with same Brembo fitted ?

Understand that Brembo Calipers etc have remained constant during the F650's life? or am I wrong ?
    2003 GS Dakar
    BMW Panniers, top box, tank bag
    + loads TT stuff that came with it!

Bike
    F650 funduro 1995
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X11 View Post
    Hi as a new F650 (1998) owner I was surprised that a service kit for the brake calipers was not available from BMW. Problem solved the Honda Vigor uses the same Brembo calipers front and rear the service kits are available from your Honda dealer they even come in Brembo packaging. I hope this is useful to F650 owners.
    X11.
    That really is a top tip - I've just bled and cleaned my brakes - if I'd known an overhaul kit was avaialbe I'd have changed the seals, and pistons if they come in the kit.

Thanks again, welcome to the forum

Fraser

Bike
    2002 F650GS (Timpa Marong), 2001 F650GS/Dakar (as yet nameless)
    Auburn, WA...for now, and Kafountine, Senegal
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if this is the same kit for the 2000-2004 GS?
    doc
    Make a difference! Support West Africa Medicine & Education. http://www.westafricamedicine.org

Bike
    1998 f650
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X11 View Post
    X11.
    Great info. My Clymer manual says that the calipers and front master cylinder are not serviceable and must be replaced as a unit if faulty. Is this just American caution in view of their propensity for litigation?
    My Funduro is a '98 model, do I need 30 or 32mm seals for the front calliper? Is the front master cylinder serviceable and if so where can I get the parts?
    Great site. Thanks for any help.