BMW F650 Forums banner

Hi New member. F650 1993-99 caliper Service Kit

15K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  junco 
#1 ·
Hi as a new F650 (1998) owner I was surprised that a service kit for the brake calipers was not available from BMW. Problem solved the Honda Vigor uses the same Brembo calipers front and rear the service kits are available from your Honda dealer they even come in Brembo packaging. I hope this is useful to F650 owners.
X11.

#4 ·
Not quite on your thread, but was advised by local BMW dealer last year that 'seal kits' were not available for my 2003 Dakar, just complete calipers.
Happen to pop in during August this year and enquired again. Parts Manager (very helpful, thanks Paul) was surprised when checking that one was now listed!
Rear seal/Gasket set is C34217651957, downside is its £12.02 plus vat. . Rear Master cylinder repair kit is C347655480 £5.54

Wonder how this comapares price wise to Honda or other dealers, with same Brembo fitted ?

Understand that Brembo Calipers etc have remained constant during the F650's life? or am I wrong ?

#7 ·
Great info. My Clymer manual says that the calipers and front master cylinder are not serviceable and must be replaced as a unit if faulty. Is this just American caution in view of their propensity for litigation?
My Funduro is a '98 model, do I need 30 or 32mm seals for the front calliper? Is the front master cylinder serviceable and if so where can I get the parts?
Great site. Thanks for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.