smoke>>>????

Thread: smoke>>>????

Bike
    BMW F650 (1994)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default smoke>>>????

went out for a bit of a ride today only to my mates in maghull,
    warmed the bike up fully before i left, when i got there i noticed the exhaust was a bit smokey, on speakin to my mate he suggested it may be
    because there's too much oil in the bike?
    it runs great and pulls great and sounds great so just the smoke got me concerned????
    i did notice that after i came home and had been caning it a bit when i left it to idle outsid before i put it away the smoke had gone????
    i'm wondering now whether it might be a sticky valve????
    any suggestions>>>
    cheers
    ricky

Bike
    2004 GS called The Mule
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricky-tk View Post
    went out for a bit of a ride today only to my mates in maghull,
    warmed the bike up fully before i left, when i got there i noticed the exhaust was a bit smokey, on speakin to my mate he suggested it may be
    because there's too much oil in the bike?
    it runs great and pulls great and sounds great so just the smoke got me concerned????
    i did notice that after i came home and had been caning it a bit when i left it to idle outsid before i put it away the smoke had gone????
    i'm wondering now whether it might be a sticky valve????
    any suggestions>>>
    cheers
    ricky
    Colour of the smoke is a good clue.

Black, oily smoke, or grey smoke.

As a dry sumped engine, most of the engine oil is held in an oil tank (the frame downtube in Funduro & Strada models) & if there is too much, it is vented through an overflow pipe into the air box (it's an environmental thing, supposed to stop oil being spilled onto the road ). This would restrict the airflow to the carbs, causing rich running, & hense, Black smoke.

If there was a sticking valve, I think the smoke would be a Light Grey colour.

The rich running would be cheaper; clean air box, new air filter & probably plugs.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you can't be good, be careful, Admin's watching.

Bike
    BMW F650 (1994)
    Post Thanks / Like

update:

over the last few days because the weather been so damned bad the bike's been in the shed.

i've turned it over from very cold with choke etc and the bike PUMPS out a light grey smoke, it smells really bad of unburnt fuel, this carries on but gradually decreases until the engine is COMPLETEY warmed up and the fan kicks in, then it stops completely and there's no smoke whatsoever, even on high revs..

leave it to cool down a bit , say for an hour and restart with NO CHOKE and the smoke reappears again until the engine is hot..

could it be a carb problem?

the engine sounds sweet apart from this and idles smooth as anything the smoke is a real nuisance tho when starting up 1st thing...and also dont wanna be using more fuel than i need...

oh yeah, something else i tried was running the engine just on one plug, first the outside then the inside and even crossing the HT leads over and that made not a lot of difference apart from idling slightly rougher..

any help or suggestions AT all would be greatly appreciated

cheers

ricky

4. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for telling about smoke as it is not good for health. I prefer to use vape pod instead of cigarette. The vision spinner vape pen battery is my favourite battery for my pod. This is of 1300mAh capacity and regulated power allowing to change output voltage from 3.3V to 4.8V.

Post Thanks / Like

Good day! I quit Smoking a long time ago because I switched to Blessed CBD capsules. This way to quit Smoking is the most painless and quickest. You don't have to give up cigarettes and suffer thanks to cbd oils. You can relax and not feel stressed.