2011 g650gs

Thread: 2011 g650gs

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 g650gs

Hi can anyone help im new to the adventure bike I just purchased a g650gs and want to change wheels from alloy to spoked but can't find them anywhere please help thanks

Bike
    2001 F650GS single-spark
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the G650GS was ever shipped with wire wheels which might explain why you haven't found any. However, I suspect the F650GS wire wheels may fit. Also, my Aprilia Pegaso had very similar wheels although it didn't have ABS and it had a mechanical speedo drive on the front wheel spindle. The ABS reluctors would probably transfer but you would need a wheel spacer to replace the speedo drive.

Maybe trawling through part numbers on RealOEM might give you some idea but anyway, you've done the right thing by posting this enquiry and you may find somebody with a definitive answer or even beteeer, find somebody who might want to do a straight swap!

Bike
    2002 K1200LT, 1964 R69S
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the microfiche on Max BMW, there was a spoked option for front and rear wheels.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bike
    GS/Gd Dakar 2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kr4mo View Post
    According to the microfiche on Max BMW, there was a spoked option for front and rear wheels.
    Spoked option - hubs/fittings may not be same as previous models, ie ABS, speedo drive etc
    Last edited by kuyajonathan; 01-01-2021 at 08:25 PM.
    2003 GS Dakar
    BMW Panniers, top box, tank bag
    + loads TT stuff that came with it!