Throttle Cable for F650GS

Thread: Throttle Cable for F650GS

Post Thanks / Like

Post Throttle Cable for F650GS

Hello Everyone I Have a Year 2000 Dakar F650GS Single Spark Plug and Need a New Throttle Cable , I Looked at a bmw Parts website and it Lists 2 Different Throttle Cables for this Model , Would anyone Know which is the Correct Cable for my Bike, Any help would be Great Cheers Francis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on whether the throttle quadrant has one or two cable slots.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello LOL GEOFF I take it the Throttle Quadrant is the Carb/injector and does the Cable split into 2 Ends one for each slot Can these slots be seen without having to remove the Tank and panels ? . When i shut the throttle on the Bike or take my Hand off the throttle when Stopped the engine does not always drop down to the tickover speed , Sometimes it will other times it will not Maybe try and lube the Cable if i still have my cable oiler last seen a couple of years ago.Thankyou for your help so far .Cheers Francis

4. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

It's the bit on the throttle body that the cable wraps around. It has two slots because of how the bike can be restricted for different power outputs. I presume some were not able to be restricted hence only one cable slot.

If you look at the first photo you can just make out the two slots highlighted in different colours. The throttle body is mounted on the engine under the false tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol Geoff Thank you once again for the information , I Will try and see if i can identify the way the Cable fits over the next couple of Days , Once again Thank You for the Help Cheers Francis