Voltage at Battery

Thread: Voltage at Battery

Bike
    F650 1999
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Voltage at Battery

Just measured the voltage at the Battery, engine running, lights on. At idle speed I measured about 14 V at the battery, at 2200 rpm about 13,4. Is it normal that the charging voltage sinks with rising rpm?

Bike
    BMW F650 FUNDURO 1995, BMW R100RS, TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE T120V 1973,Triumph Explorer 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks ok to me so long as your above 12.5v its charging
    These bikes are redound for charging problems related to the rectifier/regulator due mainly to its poor location i.e. under the seat mounted on a plastic mudguard! it needs airflow and it is sure not going to get it there! Most owners relocate it.

Dave

3. Thanks Tutunui thanked for this post
    Bike
    '08 blue GS
    Post Thanks / Like

Charging voltage seems ok. Is there a problem with charging or were you just checking things? F650 tend to have problems with the battery connections coming loose, make sure yours are clean and tight. If they do come loose the the reg/rect will probably be damaged.

Martin

5. Thanks Tutunui thanked for this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bike
    F650 1999
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Martin, thanks for your input, yes I was just checking. I know about the specific problems of the F650, I already renewed the regulator and moved it from under the seat. I am also member of the German F650 forum, where the problems with the regulator are a constant theme.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your kind information about this battery but I am searching for some other help. Actually, I am using vaping pods and for that I am looking for powerful battery for my Airistech Headbanger which is a wax dip and dab vaporizer. Do you have suggestions for this?