BMW F650 Forums banner

G650GS Sertao intake

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  crazyforstudyusa 
#1 ·
There are a few snippets of info around about the narrow intake of the Sertao, I know in
some situations it is done successfully in carburetor motorcycles. Being this is my first EFI bike
I am wondering If this is a done thing to open up the intake. I did notice more power with a Staintune .
So would opening up the intake compliment the staintune and does the Sertao EFI calculate
the increase in volume without compromising the engine?
Cheers
Dan

#4 ·
There are a few snippets of info around about the narrow intake of the Sertao, I know in
some situations it is done successfully in carburetor motorcycles. Being this is my first EFI bike
I am wondering If this is a done thing to open up the intake. I did notice more power with a Staintune .
So would opening up the intake compliment the staintune and does the Sertao EFI calculate
the increase in volume without compromising the engine?
Cheers
Dan
The simple answer is no leave the Snorkle alone it is there for a reason and any mods to it would not be of great benefit but will harm the off-road usage, the best mod is to add a good quality high flow air filter, K&N is probably the best and I have used them for years with no problems on my road bike and my off-road Dakar and Touring Sertao bikes.
The Exhaust is tuned for the standard bike so altering the standard parts will have an adverse effect of the tuning profile, if you check the instructions usually they state to add a good air filter.

#5 ·
Are you looking for budget-friendly solution manuals? Have you heard about Crazy for Study? If not, let me tell you. It is an online platform that provides free textbook solutions.
The students need to subscribe to the website at $7 per month. The subscribers will gain access to a storehouse of solution manuals. The solution manuals are accurate and original. The students can choose accordingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.