Anyone willing to exchange speedometer faceplates MP/h to KM/h?

Thread: Anyone willing to exchange speedometer faceplates MP/h to KM/h?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone willing to exchange speedometer faceplates MP/h to KM/h?

Hey everyone!
    I have recently acquired a 2004 F650GS DAKAR with a speedometer in MP/h. As I am from Lithuania so I changed the odometer count to KM/h, but to make the full change I need a KM/h gauge faceplate.
    If anyone having a KM/h version would like to exchange facepletes I please let me know.
    Changing odometer count requires some simple soldering on the instrument cluster circuit board.

Bike
    2002 F650GS Dakar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bartas View Post
    Changing odometer count requires some simple soldering on the instrument cluster circuit board.
    Which link on the pcb did you close ?

Post Thanks / Like

Opened J1

4. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bike
    2002 F650GS Dakar
    Post Thanks / Like

Opened J1
    As far as we were able to determine J1 only changes clock between 12 & 24 Hour display, have you actually confirmed your change ?
    Last edited by WayneC; 13-07-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I can confirm that unsoldering J1 changes not only the clock to 24h but also odometer counting algorithm to km. It does not covert the present odometer reading - it stays what ever it was, that is why there is no evident change at once. If you had say 19500 miles on the odometer it will still show 19500 after the opening J1.

Bike
    2002 F650GS Dakar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I can confirm that unsoldering J1 changes not only the clock to 24h but also odometer counting algorithm to km. It does not covert the present odometer reading - it stays what ever it was, that is why there is no evident change at once. If you had say 19500 miles on the odometer it will still show 19500 after the opening J1.
    Yes I am well aware of the ODO value storage aspect but I am sceptical re the change in ODO pulse count as there is different firmware for Miles & KM's

It is also odd that it does not allow for preference in 12/24 hr in each of the markets which would normally be expected, hard to confirm on the test bench