BMW F650 Forums banner

Which brake pads have the best grip

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Dave Z 
#1 ·
Hello all..
I'm lazy and don't want to pull the lever hard when I brake... yes I could buy a different bike I know..
But... does any sintered/metalic pad, brake realy hard, or can any of you kind bikers recommend a specifick model/Brand/part no.

Best Regards.
Martin.

#2 ·
Real world comparison tests of pads are hard to find, but a few years back Roadracing World did a machine test on pads.
They found that Sintered pads like ECB HH or Brembo HH generally work better than organic pads when you need them most.
Organic pads start off OK when cold or slightly slightly warm but fade off as they warm up, whereas just at the point where organic start to tail off Sintered start to come alive and end up with 30/40% more stopping power.
But their tests were all on the same disk, on a test machine, and may not translate directly to your bike or riding style.
I have EBC HH pads on everything that I can get a fitment for and find them better in every situation, but that is just my preference, so you will just have to try some to find out which sort suit you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.