Engine bar bags....

Thread: Engine bar bags....

Bike
    2012 G650GS
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Engine bar bags....

Bought a pair of Molle bags from Ebay...they fit well with a couple of cable ties for security. Look ok too, imho.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Geecee liked this post
    Bike
    2003 F50GS Dakar (Modded)
    Post Thanks / Like

My Heed bar bags have faded quite badly. At first I thought press-studs were ol'skool, and I was going to change to velcro, but the press-studs are working out quite good. Like Russian space tech, good old polish 'tractor' engineering - simple, but effective and lasts a loooooong time.

Only thing I'd mention is that the Heed bags fit 'inside' the bars, they don't stick out. So when you dump it, they aren't crushed by the bar. And even stuffed with a spare tube, tyre repair gear and a first aid kit, they don't harm the bike panel when the bars do hit the dirt. They must be made thin enough so that even if you stuff them full, they still fit in between the bar and the panel.

But I think there is a market for a bag with two compartments, upper and lower, that goes all the way down to the lower bar. It would be more than twice the size of the bags supplied.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~grsmith/dakar/HeedBag1.jpg
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~grsmith/dakar/HeedBag2.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~grsmith/dakar/HeedBag3.jpg
    Last edited by WizAu; 14-03-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heed vs Lomo

I have the Heed bars and bags with the Velcro fastenings. They are fine, a bit small but well made. I actually messaged them to suggest they put the molle webbing on them as that would seriously improve their flexibility. I looked at adding a molle pouch, but actually just bought the Lomo ones (arrived today). Very well made, good size, fold over waterproof neck, with a hard backing. Not mounted them yet but will take a few pictures when I do.

5. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go.

OK there is clearly a knack to posting the photos! Anyway, these are really well made, and fit OKish between the Heed bars. Good volume...8-10 litres I expect, enough for a change of clothes and a pair of trainers, or a jacket. They also can be used as a tail bag too. Let me try that photo. That one worked better! I'm really pleased with them!

(is there a way to rotate photos once loaded?)

BsbLlwPbR4WgOWz5JaZ4Kg.jpgM5cpkwuTR3KndSa9Vm8eWw.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I have a head bar and bag with velcro fasteners. They are fine, a little small but well made. I actually sent them a message to suggest that they put mole webbing on them to seriously improve their flexibility. I looked to add a Molo Pouch, but actually only bought Lomo ones (arrived today). Very well-made, well-sized, with strong support, attach to the waterproof neck. I haven't ridden them yet, but I'll take some pictures when I'm done." I want to let you know that I know a lot about the manifestation. If you are interested, you can visit my site." Quantum Manifestation Code Review

Post Thanks / Like

Good write-up, I’m normal visitor of one’s site, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.. tv cabinets uk