Trip to Pyrenees September 2016 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip to Pyrenees September 2016

Bike
    F650 1997
    Post Thanks / Like

hi ricomachinas,

i am thinking of riding down to saint-girons on the french side of the Pyrenees that weekend. How long do you think it will take you all to get to Xixerella?

Bike
    bmw f650gs 2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Balth
    I intend to be in Xixerella either Thursday 15th or the Friday 16th staying at the campsite there. It depends on how long it takes from Beziers where I am staying overnite on the Wednesday. Looking at the Saint-Girons its smack centre of the Pyrenees which I am taking on my return back to blighty! Maybe if in the area near Xixerella on or around that Friday then please feel free to join me over the smugglers route into Spain. ricomachinas

Bike
    F650 1997
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to ride the smugglers pass but I don't think I'm ready for it, I've only done a little off road riding so far. Also I'm going down with my girlfriend who will be on her 1981 kawasaki z250c so we will be taking it nice and easy. Thanks though. Might see you down there .

4. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bike
    bmw f650gs 2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Antonio1. Very interested in how you got on with your trip to Barcelona as I am due out that way in a couple of weeks and look forward to any comments, advice etc....Ricomachinas

Bike
    BMW R1200GS LC 2017 + F650GS 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

How was the trip?

Bike
    bmw f650gs 2003
    Post Thanks / Like

It was amazing. I have never been to the Pyrenees in the Summer before...It was green, a bit cool up the mountain passes, great roads and tracks which were not hard to ride on. It was important to choose your "path" through the rocks and not try to follow the rider in front. We stayed in hotels and not campsites in the mountains so that we could safely leave all our equipment when out on trail rides, taking the minimal amount to get by. Food is great everywhere...so different than greasy English grub. Keeping a record of the journey from my home in Berkshire is very important as it is easy to forget all the sites seen. A Gopro Video Camera and Iphone to take pics is a must.
    Fuel is cheap in Andorra so buy it before you leave. Wanted to go back this year but an Oz trip in December has taken priority but will be back to Andorra and around the area next year for sure and thats before a trip to climb/walk up 3 mountains in England, Wales and Scotland in 3 days during September. Ricomachinas

Bike
    F650GS 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a very nice story with the trip i love it to drive far away with the motorcycle....

A nice feeling xD

Bike
    F700
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning a Spain trip this October and have almost finalized everything. I`m excited and cannot wait to immerse myself in the culture. Toward the end of my trip I find myself having around 4 free days and need to get from Madrid to Barcelona eventually.
    Has anyone got barcelona airport transfers or taxi? I really want to see the Pyrenees and stay in a town that captures the beauty. Dramatic landscapes and high peaks the better. So far (with little research), I am thinking either Torla-Ordesa or Panticosa. I like hikes with amazing vistas and enjoy nature very much. I would not consider a hike overnight because the other members of my group are not into this, so that eliminates some really cool hikes. Can cirque de gavarnie be done as a day hike from Torla?
    Is there anywhere else that you would recommend I look into? Remember I`m headed in the direction of Barcelona so some of the eastern parts I'd sadly have to not consider.
    Last edited by Realsykes; 02-03-2020 at 12:19 AM.