BMW F650 Forums banner

Vario pannier broken plastic lug fix ?

11K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Plankatron 
#1 ·
After a low speed off I have broken one of the plastic mounting lugs on the rhs pannier.
Has anyone got a good 'fix' for this before I set too and use araldite and keep my fingers crossed it holds out...
The pannier still sits ok with just the one lug and the top fastener but does move around a bit and catches on the exhaust shield.
I see these vario panniers for sale quite a bit with said broken lugs (not surprised, they can be a bigger to mount and remove without resorting to brute strength !) ,so I'm hoping someone has a miraculous fix...

#2 ·
Yes. A similar thing happened to me a few years back and I bought a right angle bracket from B&Q which was a perfect fix and is still going strong. My pannier lug was swinging around and the B&Q bracket was a perfect fit over the top of the original lug. So, the lug is retained and the bracket supports it, this way it still fits the rack perfectly.

The fix worked so well I reinforced the other lugs in the same way. The bracket is in the ironmongery section and is a dark brown colour, so you don't even notice it's there. PM me your number and I'll text you a picture of it.

Reactions: Doz
#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.