Funduro Brake lever - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funduro Brake lever

Bike
    F650GS twin spark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Wilbur View Post
    "Bike It" do pattern levers at reasonable prices. The one for a Honda CB500 fits, as it uses the same Brembo front brake. Sadly, it does not fit the 2000 - 2003 GS, or I would have one
    Yes it does Same one for the similar age Deauville.

Fitted today! I needed to replace mine anyway as the pivot hole had worn and there was excess freeplay/slop up/down and at the lever end. I would point out the replacement is about 10mm shorter, so your little finger (not that it gives any force) doesn't fit on the lever comfortably any more. And it works but doesn't have a bush as pictured, so will eventually wear out the same as the old one.

I bought from this seller (the link will die soon but never mind, name is steveaelybryn)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=301026924479

Bike
    2002 650 CS scarver
    Post Thanks / Like

That lever is adjustable like in the picture ? nice find if it is
    I had a look at that sellers listing hoping for a matching clutch lever but only see non adjustable ones

Bike
    F650GS twin spark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    That lever is adjustable like in the picture ? nice find if it is
    I had a look at that sellers listing hoping for a matching clutch lever but only see non adjustable ones
    The brake lever is for '04, IDK if it fits earlier bikes!
    The '04 bike already has an adjustable clutch lever and mine's still in usable condition.

Took my first ride this morning, man it makes a difference not to have freeplay before the brake activates, and given my little-girl hands, it's nicer to not have such a stretch too. Adjustment is from marginally nearer to marginally farther out compared to the original, although remember mine was worn out so might have been further away than normal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bike
    2004 GS called The Mule
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amorti View Post
    The brake lever is for '04, IDK if it fits earlier bikes!
    The '04 bike already has an adjustable clutch lever and mine's still in usable condition.

Took my first ride this morning, man it makes a difference not to have freeplay before the brake activates, and given my little-girl hands, it's nicer to not have such a stretch too. Adjustment is from marginally nearer to marginally farther out compared to the original, although remember mine was worn out so might have been further away than normal.
    Sadly, it does not

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you can't be good, be careful, Admin's watching.

Bike
    F650 ST 1997
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I am looking for adjustable levers for my 1998 F650 Strada would the ones in this thread fit mine please?
    If You Don't Have Time To Do it Properly Now, How Are You Ever Going To Have Time To Fix It?

Bike
    BMW F650 FUNDURO 1995, BMW R100RS, TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE T120V 1973,Triumph Explorer 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I would think so as my mate has a strada and they are pretty much the same

At the moment its the clutch lever that presents the problem to get still looking and hoping someone will find one

Dave

Bike
    F650 ST 1997
    Post Thanks / Like

Found these this arvo:
    http://www.adventurebikegear.co.uk/P...?CatID=1977853 but at £100 the pair (ish) santa will have to be in a good mood!
    If You Don't Have Time To Do it Properly Now, How Are You Ever Going To Have Time To Fix It?

9. Likespererin65 liked this post
    Bike
    BMW F650 FUNDURO 1995, BMW R100RS, TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE T120V 1973,Triumph Explorer 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

They look good but knowing Wunderlich they have not been made for them they have just bought in from else where if we could find the source I am sure they would be cheaper

I just find it hard to part with nearly £60 for just the clutch lever
    it looks a good match to the one I have currently on the brake

Dave

Bike
    F650GS twin spark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Wilbur View Post
    "Bike It" do pattern levers at reasonable prices. The one for a Honda CB500 fits, as it uses the same Brembo front brake. Sadly, it does not fit the 2000 - 2003 GS, or I would have one
    Had you tested this tip before passing it on, Wilbur, or just heard it somewhere?

The brake works albeit with a slightly stubby lever, but the light is permanently on. The activating paddle is at such a distance from the micro switch that trying to make it work doesn't really seem likely, except maybe by packing it out chemical metal which in my experience doesn't tend to stay on long not to mention I don't have aany anyway.

Reminds me the time someone said you could use a stack of 2p pieces to increase preload in an old divvy 600, but when I took the caps off I found they dropped straight through the springs. Always someone who guesses, on every forum.

It looks like it might work with the Honda switch, which looks in pictures to be the same as the one used on various honda nissin master cylinders, if you would wire it in with spades. I even have a spare. And if I'd known I would need it I would have had it picked it up from my dad's in UK while the wife was there last week.

Suppose I'll be putting the worn out straight lever back on. That was a waste of £15.
    Last edited by amorti; 30-11-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Bike
    2004 GS called The Mule
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amorti View Post
    Had you tested this tip before passing it on, Wilbur, or just heard it somewhere?

The brake works albeit with a slightly stubby lever, but the light is permanently on. The activating paddle is at such a distance from the micro switch that trying to make it work doesn't really seem likely, except maybe by packing it out chemical metal which in my experience doesn't tend to stay on long not to mention I don't have aany anyway.

Reminds me the time someone said you could use a stack of 2p pieces to increase preload in an old divvy 600, but when I took the caps off I found they dropped straight through the springs. Always someone who guesses, on every forum.

It looks like it might work with the Honda switch, which looks in pictures to be the same as the one used on various honda nissin master cylinders, if you would wire it in with spades. I even have a spare. And if I'd known I would need it I would have had it picked it up from my dad's in UK while the wife was there last week.

Suppose I'll be putting the worn out straight lever back on. That was a waste of £15.
    When I had a 2004 2 Spark, I used one, but that was a few years ago. Are you sure you have one from the old CB500, and not the current model?

100_2360.jpg

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you can't be good, be careful, Admin's watching.