Funduro Brake lever - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funduro Brake lever

Bike
    BMW F650 FUNDURO 1995, BMW R100RS, TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE T120V 1973,Triumph Explorer 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Default does the brake light still work

Good shout I am pretty sure it does but I must check!

From the shape of the lever in that area it should as it was same profile.

Bike is away at the moment but will double check

Dave

Bike
    2014 BMW F800GS Comfort
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it ok Dave?
    --
    Steve Parry,
    2015 R1200RT LC LE Dynamic
    1989 K1
    1986 R80-RS
    2003 R1100S Boxercup
    1998 F650 Funduro (now gone )
    but replaced with a sparkly 2014 F800GS
    2007 X3 3.0SD MSport

Bike
    BMW F650 FUNDURO 1995, BMW R100RS, TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE T120V 1973,Triumph Explorer 2013
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Steve,

As yet have not been back to bike as its in my mum's garage and I am working on one of my other bikes, but I should be getting back there soon. I am sorry I can't report back sooner.

I am as I said fairly sure it worked but not 100% as one would need to be on this matter the lever looked the same in the area of the brake switch mechanism.

It would be simple to check if the bike was not 15 miles away!!

Dave

4. Thanksslparry thanked for this post
  5. Remove Advertisements
    F650.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bike
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Just a quick up date managed to get back to my bike today to check the brake light. Currently its on all the time so I need to check this out
    I am sure its just setting up but will come back to this soon as I may be looking at it tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay but time is pressing on other jobs as always.

Dave

Bike
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished inspecting and sorting out the problem with the brake light being on all the time.

It was caused by the micro switch not being active properly nothing to do with the new lever.

It looks like I either broke or lost the end of the micro switch inside the brake assembly. I am not sure if there is supposed to be a small bush or if the pip has broken off the end of the actuating spigot on the micro switch. This should protrude just proud of the lever mount assembly, so that as the lever returns to the off position it pushes the micro switch open circuit, but as it wasn't as this "bit" was missing.

As I did not have another micro switch to replace it with I have circumvented the problem by making a small nylon bush which does the job, now as I said I am of the full believe that this lever was nothing to do with the problem as I have looked very carefully at the two levers in this area and they are identical.

Now I only need to track down an adjustable lever for the clutch side. So has anyone done this??

I am now much happier with the brake lever as I now have more control of the lever, its position and how it activates the master cylinder piston. Which unlike the old one is now adjustable via the screw in the lower part of the lever as well as the adjustment for the lever position its self.

I hope this thread/post will allow others to be confident that this lever works and works well, what's more its relatively in expensive compared to other options.

Dave
    Last edited by dave120v; 27-10-2013 at 07:53 PM.

8. Likespererin65 liked this post
    Bike
    F650GS twin spark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UpsideDown View Post
    Heaps around for the GSs, google them
    ^^ Least helpful post ever.

I'm after an adjustable black brake lever with the freeplay adjuster like I've seen on some brembo levers for the '04 GS. My existing lever has excessive freeplay (seems to me really any freeplay is too much) and is a little too far away.

Anyone feeling more helpful the USD?
    Last edited by amorti; 27-10-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: for clarity

Bike
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you did not find it useful, I hope others will though.

Bike
    F650GS twin spark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave120v View Post
    Sorry you did not find it useful, I hope others will though.
    Sorry mate, not referring to your post! Yours is very helpful if you have the funduro.

Bike
    2014 BMW F800GS Comfort
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave120v View Post
    Just finished inspecting and sorting out the problem with the brake light being on all the time.

It was caused by the micro switch not being active properly nothing to do with the new lever.

It looks like I either broke or lost the end of the micro switch inside the brake assembly. I am not sure if there is supposed to be a small bush or if the pip has broken off the end of the actuating spigot on the micro switch. This should protrude just proud of the lever mount assembly, so that as the lever returns to the off position it pushes the micro switch open circuit, but as it wasn't as this "bit" was missing.

As I did not have another micro switch to replace it with I have circumvented the problem by making a small nylon bush which does the job, now as I said I am of the full believe that this lever was nothing to do with the problem as I have looked very carefully at the two levers in this area and they are identical.

Now I only need to track down an adjustable lever for the clutch side. So has anyone done this??

I am now much happier with the brake lever as I now have more control of the lever, its position and how it activates the master cylinder piston. Which unlike the old one is now adjustable via the screw in the lower part of the lever as well as the adjustment for the lever position its self.

I hope this thread/post will allow others to be confident that this lever works and works well, what's more its relatively in expensive compared to other options.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I suspected this may be the case

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/DucatiBrakeLeverInstall.htm

"Next comes a tricky part:

• On the inside of the brake lever is a tiny little pin shown below next to a SMALL pair of haemostats.
    • This is NOT something you want to lose as without it, your brake lights won’t come on when you use your front brake. It goes in the small hole on the right in Fig. 5
    So now you just remove the old lever. Back off the play adjustment in the new one. And put the new one in, taking care not to dislodge or lose the little light switch pin. Oh, I would take a moment prior to this and lube everything up real well with red grease. "
    --
    Steve Parry,
    2015 R1200RT LC LE Dynamic
    1989 K1
    1986 R80-RS
    2003 R1100S Boxercup
    1998 F650 Funduro (now gone )
    but replaced with a sparkly 2014 F800GS
    2007 X3 3.0SD MSport

Bike
    2004 GS called The Mule
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amorti View Post
    ^^ Least helpful post ever.

I'm after an adjustable black brake lever with the freeplay adjuster like I've seen on some brembo levers for the '04 GS. My existing lever has excessive freeplay (seems to me really any freeplay is too much) and is a little too far away.

Anyone feeling more helpful the USD?
    "Bike It" do pattern levers at reasonable prices. The one for a Honda CB500 fits, as it uses the same Brembo front brake. Sadly, it does not fit the 2000 - 2003 GS, or I would have one

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    If you can't be good, be careful, Admin's watching.

14. Likespererin65 liked this post