BMW F650 Forums banner

Another batch of flexible oil lines...

For Sale: 
28K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  Hoffs 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Traveler, I have come out of my slumber on the flexible oil line front.

For those that don't know me, I have been very sporadic in my forum presence due to other projects and family commitments.

Minimum orders apply for the components that I source from Germany and so to make it worth while I am going to be making a total of 12 this time round.

All will be made with the super flexible hose that I sourced last time round, (high temperature PTFE braided in 316 stainless steel).It is a huge improvement over the rigid oil line offered by BMW. In one case, a forum member I pointed towards the G650GS's oil line, tried it and then came back asking for one of mine. Ok, it does not give you free horsepower but it makes removing the clutch cover a significantly easier job to do. If you are so inclined you do not even need to drain the oil to do those jobs either.

Super flexi MK3 version on offer:

Original MK1 version during "testing" on the big bike challenge:

This year to cover the costs I am afraid that I will have to take the price up to £52 which will include recorded delivery to your UK address.

Any international buyers will get separate quotations on postage. From past experience it is worth doubling up your order with a friend as the of postage then becomes reasonable.

For your peace of mind, I have now sold around 50 of these over the past 5 years or so to a number of UK, US and EU forum members all of whom seem to be happy with their purchase.

As with previous years, full technical support will be on hand and I will also fit it for you if you are around Bristol(My workshop) or Duxford( if you have a garage I can work in). Note: fitting service is just that, you will need to have the oil and the 2x M16 copper washers to replace, any additional work required can be discussed.

Previous threads on the subject include:
http://www.f650.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?7141-Flexible-oil-lines-Group-buy/
http://www.f650.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?11820-Flexible-oil-lines/
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230140

P
S: Duxford Cambridgeshire....

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Just got mine and it didn't take long to get under the old girl to give her her new toy !:oops:
Well, she does carry me long ways.
Top marks to Komatias not only for his labour of love to organise all of those but also for his great tech support- :bowdown:
Piccies below
Right then, oil line fitted, oil filled, fuel tanks filled ...

will someone please show me how to start this thing!:big grin:

Have you done your oil return line? if not, boy (or girl) are you in for a nasty surprise when you try to get into the casing... do it now! go on, you know you want to!:thumb:
Best done in the comfort of your garage rather than when you're 'out there'.

Attachments

#7 ·
Hi Traveller,

thanks for your purchase and I am glad you have fitted it quickly and easily.

One question though:

Can you get a finger between the hose and the exhaust pipe all the way along? If so you are good. If not then you may need to fiddle with the routing a bit more.

Otherwise top marks and wish you many happy miles!

Regards

George

#10 · (Edited)
Hi Traveller,

thanks for your purchase and I am glad you have fitted it quickly and easily. 'twas a doddle :cool:

One question though:

Can you get a finger between the hose and the exhaust pipe all the way along? If so you are good. If not then you may need to fiddle with the routing a bit more.
Yes- I can get my thump all the way around :cool:

I just slid a sleeve of fireproof tubing over the parts closest to the exhaust then added a tube-coil from my old box of bits-n' bobs
Job done

Thanks again for helping me and I am sure many other f650 owners- You did spend some time sorting it all out for us.
so come on guys and dolls, buy yours today- they will not be around forever! :big grin:

Attachments

#17 ·
Hello all,

With the weather opening up, and the roads calling, it may be time to start thinking of giving you bike some much needed love.
If during that time you happen to find the water pump or clutch need work, it may be worth considering one of my flexible hoses.

For the remainder of spring, I will be offering the 9 off I have in stock with 2 pipe clamps and 2 crush washers for £55 delivered.

If anybody is in the area, I may even fit a hose for free.

PM me for more details.

#18 ·
Thank you for supplying these oil lines.
I installed mine while I was changing the water pump impeller and seals (F650GS @ 35k miles)
Finally got around to post some pictures.
The two supplied pipe clamps keep the oil line away from the downpipe and coolant hoses.

That's how the Nylon water pump gears looked like at 35k miles.

Cheers

#25 ·
Hi Jaffa

I do not have any stock at the moment but can get some made relatively quickly.

£52 posted including two crush washers and a two of pipe clamps. Pipes with warranty against manufacturing defect for as long as you own the bike.

My preferred method of payment is bank transfer so I do not get charged the paypal rate. Please send me an email to dakar at blueyonder.co.uk

I am also considering a new design which will include a 90 degree bend in it. The banjos for this revision will require welding so I am in negotiation about manufacture and price.

regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.