BMW F650 Forums banner

Post some pics of your f650.

246K views 523 replies 189 participants last post by  Sha Hoorsur 
#1 · (Edited)
Post a picture of your f650.

Here is my 05 f650gs.
I bought it in december last year and so fare done just under 2000 very happy miles.

See less See more
#10 ·
Hi all.
See pictures of my custard yellow bike above, I am led to think its a Funduro, but except for bars and instruments, its exactly the same as a guy selling a Strada (red 7,000 mile one on ebay) How do i really know my machine is in fact a Funduro?
Did think of selling the old girl, as prices seem to be good at the moment, but now thinking of keeping and respraying silver (i like silver bikes). But then again, i fancy a 650 GS, but would i be any better off with an early GS over what i have (funduro or strada!!!!!!)
Any comments

#11 · (Edited)
Hi all.
See pictures of my custard yellow bike above, I am led to think its a Funduro, but except for bars and instruments, its exactly the same as a guy selling a Strada (red 7,000 mile one on ebay) How do i really know my machine is in fact a Funduro?
Did think of selling the old girl, as prices seem to be good at the moment, but now thinking of keeping and respraying silver (i like silver bikes). But then again, i fancy a 650 GS, but would i be any better off with an early GS over what i have (funduro or strada!!!!!!)
Any comments
Hi Joderest.

The difference between the Funduro and the Strada ( ST) is the front wheel size and also the front fairings and mudguard are different.
18" Strada 19" Funduro.

Looking at the your pics you have a Funduro

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/F650HistoryDifferences.htm#Descriptive

#12 ·
Hi Jodrest, I asked the same question when I first posted on here, mine (pics above) was advertised as a F 650 Strada, I was told by the wise men on here that if it had a 19 inch front wheel it was a Funduro, so mine is a funduro, whats the size of your front wheel/tyre? I have never ridden the earlier GS, so cant comment, however, in the condition your's is I would be reluctant to sell, you will probably get slightly better MPG from an injection GS, but will loose the twin spark reliability, now a later GS with twin spark engine may be tempting, it all depends if you NEED to change it, before you decide ,try and get a ride on an older GS and go with your gut feeling, though I doubt you will find one in the same condition as yours, and by the way I think the colour is fine, every tom dick and harry has a silver one!!:dunno: regards Jim

Reactions: pererin65
#13 ·
Thanks all.
Well, I suppose if Tom, Dick and Harry already have silver ones, i will leave it as it is. If you go on ebay, and look at the 7,000 red Strada for sale, it has a Funduro mudguard, and black trims under tank, just like a Funduro, also same sump guard., however, bars and instruments are Strada, very odd. Yep, my old bike has 19" front wheel.
Fun in the sun is quite right, colour is ok (until i think about changing it again).

#16 · (Edited)
Hi, Here are some photos of Brunhilda. I bought the bike last year after a break of 30 years from two wheels. It is factory lowered which appealed to me as I am rather short in the leg. It had done about 45,000 miles and I have added another 700 or so since the. It's great to be back on two wheels though my next bike will be a little less 'agricultural', assuming I can convince the other half!

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

I gave the bike a bit of a wash today; she really needs a weeks 'holiday' with Joderest to get really cleaned up.

Bob :)

#141 ·
Well, rode mine 13 mines along country lanes to the dentist yesterday. Got there and the Givi box lock had rattled two screws loose so won't lock. When I came home, found bits of the top box bolts had also come loose!! What's wrong anyway with "agricultural"? Posh word for "it works....".....