BMW F650 Forums banner

BMW F650 Dakar: F/S

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  john_aero 
#1 ·
I am just testing the water to see if there is any interest in my bike, i am currently doing a fork rebuild to make sure seals are all in good nick. but i lost job so i want to be safe and buy cheap bike like bros or gpz 500 for test and commuting to interviews and keep cash in case i need it.

if i find i cant get a good deal i will just hang on to girl as cant afford loose money on it.

This is not the standard gs model, dakar comes with a much more off orad orientated suspension, larger front wheen, twin spark ignition was new for 2005. also check out the f650 forums, these rotax lumps are getting huge milage on them. These bikes are used in the dakar rallye by competitors such as si pavery BMW off road skills, Nick Plumb touratech and charley boorman in the race to dakar.

Bike Make : BMW

Bike Model : F650gs DAKAR

Year : 2005

Price : € 4700 ono

Mileage : 14,000 miles

Colour : Blue and white

Extras : Touratech rallye Footpegs, touratech engine and frame guards, scottoiler, alarm,

Overall Bike Condition : excellent.

Tyre/Chain/Sprocket Condition : tyres 50% and C&S 80%.

Service History/Receipts/Recent Service work : fully serviced, oil, oil filter, air filter, pluga all dont 1k ago.

Non Restricted/Shop Restricted/Factory Restricted : Restricted with throttle stop, no cert at i bought the parts direct from BMW. 25K is stamped on the part so it is easily spotted it is restricted. original full power version too, it is a 15min job to swop over. only change to bike was i can not break 90mph,bottom end and accl dont get affected with restrictor.

Bike Location : Kilkenny/laois ireland.

Irish/English Registered : Irish

Any Other Relevant Info : comes with bmw top box and opens with ignition key

Good Points: clean bike

Bad Points: decal missing off mudguard, not even noticable, i only spotted it few weeks ago.

Reason For Sale : Lost job

Contact : Any questions or anything lads / lassies just pm me and i will send number.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.